National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) standards, specifically CR1 Element C, Credentialing System Controls which monitor:
- How primary source verification information is received, dated and stored.
- How modified information is tracked and dated from its initial verification.
- Titles or roles of staff who are authorized to review, modify and delete information, and circumstances when modification or deletion is appropriate.
- The security controls in place to protect the information from unauthorized modification.
- The building security that adequately limits physical access to credentials information.
- How the organization monitors its compliance with the policies and procedures related to the factors above.